Website translation form
To translate a website:
Select the profile of the text to be translated.
- Enter the full URL address of the website you wish to translate in the “Web site to translate” field.
Select the translation direction. To do so, select the source language in the first list, and then select the target language in the second list. If you do not know the language of the text, select "Detect language" in the first list.
The "Swap languages" button located between language lists is intended to reverse the translation direction. The button is unavailable if the reverse direction is not accessible.
Click the “Translate” button.
Use the buttons on the “View” toolbar to switch between translation display modes: the translation is in the main frame with source text fragments in pop-ups or vice versa.
Translation result window
After the results of a website translation are loaded,
source text fragments can be viewed alongside the translated text. To do this, point the mouse at the chosen translation fragment, and a pop-up appears with the same fragment in the original.
In advanced website translation mode, the original webpage text appears in the main frame, while the translated fragments can be viewed by pointing the mouse at the fragment.
Use the buttons on the “View” toolbar to switch between modes.
Follow the “Full screen” link to expand the translation from the main frame to full screen. Note, however, that this will hide the toolbars until the standard translation form is restored.
Use the “Back” link in the upper right corner of the screen to restore the standard advanced website translation mode.
Why a page can not be translated?
There are some reasons why a specific page can not be translated:
- Could not find the page. Address you specified might contain errors.
- Content of some specially protected pages is not translatable in order to provide your security (pages that begin with https://, or pages that require password).
- Some pages displays make a text untranslatable, e.g. pages that block their display in a frame.
- A page might contain errors that make translation not available.
- Translatable page content exceeds 500Kb.