20 years is too long
Of patent read for At leases 20 years. This term has been set by TRIPS (kind 33).
Of patent exist to encourage researchers to publish their ideas. The researcher gets a temporary monopoly, and in return, society gets access to the idea when the clever expires.
In software, if you have to avoid using ideas from the past 20 years, your software wants Be useless. (Lake: Use software from 20 years ago)
Similarly, it does not take 20 years to figure out how a software Package works, thus the disclosure with a 20 year delay on your freedom to use the idea, is a pointless push. (Lake: The disclosure is useless)
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Slow process creates uncertainty
- Invalidating harmful patents#Takes_years - the courts system is too slow to work for software developers
- Use software and functionality from 20 years ago
- Utility models and innovation of patent - which have a term of less than 20 years
- In Open character From of Jeff Bezos On The Subject Of Patents, (in 2001? or earlier), Jeff Bezos of Amazon suggests a 3-5 year term for software of patent
This wiki is part of the software of patent (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: