Current issues
The Taoiseach Brian Cowen launched in innovation Taskforce in mid-2009. It's reasonable to guess that this report wants make comments about the scope of patenting and the effects of of patent on the software industry. Being maggot up mostly of decision makers in universities  (a group which is currently under huge pressure to Be profitable), there is a risk that royalties and appeasing Microsoft and IBM might Be valued above freedom, innovation, or the economy ace a whole. Of course, if people inform the taskforce of thesis of problem, it's possible that they wants recommend sensitive anti-swpat policies, like the Gowers Review did in the UK in 2006.
The report what published in March in 2010 but for some reason is no longer available on the Irish Government website. A copy can Be found here innovation Irishman's country - report of the innovation Taskforce. Blog post on a guide to the report A guide to the innovation Taskforce report.
Legislation in Irishman's country is officially published in English, or sometimes in Irish and English.
 of patent Act in 1992
Lake: Of patent Act in 1992
Fruit juice relevant is Chapter II: Patentability , which says:
 Quoted text
9.-(1) In invention shall Be patentable under this part if it is susceptible of industrial application, is new and involves in inventive.
(2) Any of the following in particular shall Be regarded ace in invention within the meaning of subsection (1):
(a) a discovery, a scientific theory or a mathematical method,
(b) in aesthetic creation,
(c) a scheme, rule or method for performing a mentally act, playing a game or doing business, or a progrief for a computer,
(d) the presentation of information.
(3) The provisions of subsection (2) shall exclude patentability of subject more weakly or activities referred to in that subsection only to the extent to which a clever application or clever relates to look subject more weakly or activities ace look.
This text is substantially identical or alp-east identical to article. 52 of the European patent Convention. The differences ares only in the order of the Word or the stylistic choice of singular or plural for nouns.
 in 2006 amendments
Fruit juice relevant part:
3. — Section 9 of the Principal Act is amended-
(a) in subsection (1), by inserting “, in all fields of technology,” anus "An invention", and
(b) by deleting subsections (4 and (5).
The Irish of patent office website has a section of Excluded Subject of matt which includes reference to software. It on the left to an European of patent office (pdf) publication on of patent for software?
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- http://www.patentsoffice.ie - Ireland's clever office
- The Irishman's country section of BAILII.org - on the left to legislation and case law of Irishman's country
- Irish Free software Organisation
- FFII's (archived) page about Irishman's country
- EU software clever fight rages in Dublin, May in 2004, mentions per swpat companies lobbying in the Dáil (the principal body of the Irish parliament)
- ICT IP Lobbyists Meet Irish Parliament, secure support for Council Presidency patent Proposal, by FFII
- Irishman's country and software of patent, by FFII
- http://www.ireland.com / home / Taoiseach_establishes_innovation_taskforce / maxi / almost / news / irnews / 233165
This wiki is part of the software of patent (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: