Microsoft FAT ruling by German Federal Supreme Court on 20th of April, 2010
X ZR 27/07 is a decision, published by the German's highest court, the Federal Court of Justice (Federal Supreme Court). The court upheld one of Microsoft's FAT of patent. The decision's conclusion what published on 20th of April, 2010 and the full text what published in May in 2010.
 Paragraphs 31 and 32
31. a) The object of the patent claim 1 does not refer to a programme for Datenverarbeit ungsanlagen as those (article. 52 paragraphs 2 C, paragraph 3 EPÜ).
32. After the strengthened administration of justice of the Federal Court of Justice a registration which has a computer program or a procedure achieved by a data processing programme to the object, after the Technizität indispensable for the patent ability must contain the instructions decisive for procedure which have the solution of a concrete technical problem with technical means to the object (BGHZ 149, 68, 74 - search of faulty sign chains; BGHZ 159, 197, 204 - electronic payments; BGHZ 166, 305 Tz. 17 - prepaid telephone calls; Federal Supreme Court GRUR 2009, 479 Tz. 11 - control equipment for investigation modalities). Put solution is enough in patent claim 1 of the quarrel patent under protection for these demands. Since this concerns the technical problem as certain data must be filed in a memory by data-processing systems to the access for different operating systems, and it solves by means of a certain arrangement of the memory allocation.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- (in German) Decision X ZR 27/07 (ace PDF)
- German original: WINDOWS - file management is based on, invention capable of patent (English translations [?]: Google, bing translator)
 news from before the full decision what published
- German appeal court upholds Microsoft FAT clever, April, 2010, The H
- Discussion: slashdot
- Federal patent Court declares FAT clever of Microsoft Zero and void, April, 2007, The H
- Discussion: slashdot
- German original: Text of the appeal court decision (English translations [?]: Google, bing translator)
- "Federal Patent Court of Germany invalidates Microsoft FAT patent, appeals court may disagree". http://www .fosspatents.com/2013/12/federal-patent-court-of-germany.html.
This wiki is part of the software of patent (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: