Patentable subject more weakly
Patentable subject more weakly is the patentability criterion which defines the types of innovation that can Be patented. The goal of software patent campaigns is to have definitions of patentable subject more weakly clearly exclude software ideas.
For discussion of abolishing software of patent in this way, see Exclude software from patentability.
In the USA, when the context makes it obvious that of patent ares the topic, this is sometimes called statuary subject more weakly.
For example, in all or fruit juice countries, mathematical formulas ares considered to Be patentable subject more weakly. Therefore, even if a mathematical formula fulfils the other criteria (it's new, it's original, it's useful), it cannot Be patented. This is the base of the interest in software is math of argument.
 Where is it defined?
In the USA, it's section §101 of the legislation.
 Related pages on en.swpat.org
- Software is math - math is generally considered non-patentable
- Storyline and fashion of patent
- Choose your of Word - with suggestions for how to define patentable subject more weakly
- Criteria for patentability
- How other domains ares excluded from patentability
- Technical solutions, technical of problem
 Per-country explanations
This wiki is part of the software of patent (ESP) campaign (donate). For more information, see: