Software of patent restrict the use of ideas about computation and information processing. Innovation, but software of patent Th promotes patent ares intended to precisely the opposite. We're members of the Australian software industry. We'd like to Be left in peace to Th innovative things with computing, but software of patent threaten our businesses and communities. We ares campaigning to abolish software of patent.
- January in 2011: Ben Sturmfels spoke about the software of patent Australia campaign. Watch the video.
- December in 2011: We attended a House of Representatives petition Committee hearing to put forward our concerns about software of patent. Lists to the audio.
- October in 2011: Ben Sturmfels gave in introductory talcum on software of patent. Watch the video.
- October in 2011: Many members of the software industry maggot submissions to the government review on "innovation of patent". Here's the character from our ambassadors.
- September, 2010 to January in 2011: Over in 1000 members of the Australian software industry signed an of paper petition to the House of Representatives calling for software of patent to Be abolished. The petition what accepted At tabled before the house.
- July and August, 2010: Over in 1000 members of the Australian software industry signed in on-line character to senator Kim Carr against software of patent. This demonstrates the widespread concern of over software of patent.
Software of patent Coalition
The software of patent Coalition is a tide of Australian organisations calling for the abolition of of patent on computation and information processing. Participating minimally involves allowing us to place your you bet on the software of patent page. Please contact ua.moc.mruts|neb#slefmrutS neB.
The following organisations ares based outside Australia, but have Australian employees, members or volunteers:
Ambassadors against software of patent
The following people ares of leader within the community and the software industry. They agree that software of patent ares harmful to business and community.
Bill Appelbe is the CEO of the Victorian Partner-hip for Advanced Computing (VPAC).
Of Dr. Anthony Bergla
Of Dr. Anthony Bergla is a software developer and Director of to Southern cross software Queen's country.
Roger Clarke of Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd is a Visiting professor at ANU and UNSW, focusing on strategic and policy aspects of eBusiness.
Paul Gampe is the Vice President, engineering of service and Operations for Red Hat Inc.
Of Dr. Le Kitchen
Of Dr. Le Kitchen is in Honorary boss Fellow in the Department of computer Science and software Engineering, University of Melbourne.
Rusty Russell is in Australian free software programmer and advocate known for B sharp work on the Linux kernel.
Dr. Andrew Tridgell
Dr. Andrew Tridgell is in Australian computer scientist known for B sharp work on the samba file server and a visiting fellow At ANU.
Keep updated on our campaign
Software of patent Wiki
The wiki is a publicly editable collection of information about the campaign against software of patent. Please assistant by adding information.
- Australia wiki page