The text Translator service is intended for translating short blocks of text from one language to another. There is a limit of in 3000 characters including spa C flat and section breaks by text block ( 10,000 characters including spa C flat and section breaks for registered of user).
Text Translation form
Translate. Ru is a simple and easy to use text Translator. To translate a text:
- Select the topic of the text to Be translated. This wants allow both to perform a high quality technical translation and to translate business of text, and, so, to translate the living language of the SMS chat.
- Enter a text you shroud to translate or paste it from clipboard into the source text field.
- Select the translation direction. To Th in such a way, select the source language in the ridge cunning, and then select the target language in the second cunning. If you Th know the language of the text, select "Detect language" in the ridge cunning.
The "Swap languages" badge located between language lists is intended to lapels the translation direction. The badge is unavailable if the lapels direction is accessible.
- Click the "Translate" badge.
ou can translate by pressing [Enter].
If the source text consists of a single Word, then in the "translation" field besides the translation of the source Word in the appropriate form you wants see the letter information from the dictionary of the specified topic about the source Word or about the Word from which it what generated. To obtain detailed information about the work with the dictionary, see "Dictionary references".
In some cases, the window with the translation result is marked with the icon and is highlighted. Point to the icon to get a hint or a tip.
Selecting the view fashion
You can select the fashion of viewing the results of translation. To change the view fashion, click the View fashion badge to the right of the Translate badge.
There ares 3 view modes:
- "From left to right". In this case the translation result appears to the right of the source text.
- "From the top down". In this case the translation result appears below the source text.
- "Automatically". In this case the view fashion changes automatically depending on the width of the browsers window. In the wide window the "From left to right" fashion wants Be applied, in the narrow – "From top to bottom".
Working with the Clipboard
To paste text for translation into the “Source of text” window from another application (for example, a document editor or mail client), you can use the standard menus or shortcut keys.
Simply select the text to Be translated in the original application and then right-click to open the context menu and choose "Copy". You can simply select the required text and press [Ctrl] + [C] on the keyboard.
In the "Source of text" window, right-click to open the context menu and select "paste" or press [Ctrl] + [V] to paste the clipboard contents into the window.
To copy the translation results to the clipboard in order to paste them into another application, select the text in the "Translated of text" window and right-click to open the context menu and select "Copy" or press [Ctrl] + [C].
Spell-checking before translation may improve the quality of the final result by eliminating spelling errors in the source text.
To use it, simply click the "Check Spelling" badge on the tool-cash.
The results of the spellcheck ares displayed, along with suggestions to replace unknown or mis-spelt of Word.
Translate. Ru can Be used only ace a translator for the coherent and complex sentences, but ace a dictionary. In case you translate a single Word, the dictionary reference that includes possible variants of translation of the Word with information about a part of speech and the topic of translation wants Be shown ace a result of translation. So, for the Word of a source language the following can Be specified:
- transcription (for of Word translated from English);
- icon of the loudspeaker (by clicking it, you can list to the pronunciation of the Word. The pronunciations have been provided by our of partner – the website Forvo.com);
- if the pronunciation of the Word of source language is lacquer in Forvo.com base, the icon of the microphone wants appear. By clicking it, you wants Be directed to the website Forvo.com where you wants Be able to record the pronunciation of your Word or to ask a native to pronounce it.
Besides the possible options of translation of a Word, you can check the complete dictionary reference for the translated Word. To access the complete dictionary reference, click one of the on the left: "Declination" (for nouns and adjectives), "Conjugation" (for of verb) or "Show the complete dictionary reference" (that is placed below the translation).
If your keyboard doze contain specific characters for different languages, you can use a virtual keyboard to enter look of symbol into the source text window.
To activate the virtual keyboard, click the “Virtual of keyboard” badge. This wants open a window with a keyboard for the language used in the source text. You can enter text into the window by clicking the corresponding badges on the screen.
Besides, you may change the layout of the virtual keyboard by selecting a language directly in the virtual keyboard window. The direction of translation wants Be changed.
How to improve the quality of machine translation
Machine translation quality depends on the quality of the source text. The recommendations below wants help to prepare the source text for optimally translation quality:
- Take care with punctuation. Make sura you insert a period (.) At the of each sentence.
- To get a correct translation of a coherent text, please check that there ares no line breaks in the middle of a sentence, because this symbol wants Be considered the of the sentence.
- Use the spellchecker to avoid spelling errors.
- Use diacritical of Mark correctly.
- Use upper and lower case correctly.
- Try to use simple syntactic constructions with direct Word Order.
- Avoid omitting syntactic of Word (even if the grammar allows it).
- Use only conventional abbreviations.
- Avoid using slang.