Sentence examples of "possibility" in English

But the possibility seems unlikely. Aber die Möglichkeit scheint unwahrscheinlich.
There's a slight possibility of a recurrence. Es besteht eine geringe Chance auf Wiederkehr.
There's a possibility that the man was murdered. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, dass der Mann ermordet wurde.
Is there any possibility that he'll win the election? Hat er eine Chance, die Wahl zu gewinnen?
We have to consider the possibility that Tom was involved in the robbery. Wir müssen die Möglichkeit in Betracht ziehen, dass Tom an dem Raubüberfall beteiligt war.
We are haunted by an ideal life, and it is because we have within us the beginning and the possibility for it. Wir jagen einem idealen Leben hinterher, weil wir in uns den Anfang und die Möglichkeit dazu haben.
What would be your chances to answer this question right, if you chose one of the following possibilities at random? A: 25%, B: 50%, C: 0%, D: 25% Wie hoch wären deine Chancen diese Frage richtig zu beantworten, wenn du wahllos eine der folgenden Antwortmöglichkeiten nehmen würdest? A: 25%, B: 50%, C: 0%, D: 25%
The radio warned us of the possibility of flooding. Das Radio warnte uns vor einer möglichen Überflutung.
There is little, if any, possibility of his success. Wenn überhaupt, gibt es nur wenig Aussicht auf Erfolg.
He's realistic and doesn't believe in the possibility of miracles. Er ist Realist und glaubt nicht an Wunder.
We cannot rule out the possibility that civil war will break out in that country. Wir können nicht ausschließen, dass in diesem Land ein Bürgerkrieg ausbrechen wird.
Examples of word usage in different contexts are provided solely for linguistic purposes, i.e. to study word usage in a sentence in one language and how they can be translated into another. All samples are automatically collected from a variety of publicly available open sources using bilingual search technologies.
If you find a spelling, punctuation or any other error in the original or translation, use the "Report a problem" option or write to us.

In this section, you can see how words and expressions are used in different contexts using examples of translations made by professionals. The Contexts section will help you learn English, German, Spanish and other languages. Here you can find examples with phrasal verbs and idioms in texts that vary in style and theme. Examples can be sorted by translations and topics.

Learn foreign languages, see the translation of millions of words and expressions, and use them in your e-mail communication.